DAMA (Data Management Association) is a vendor independent, not for profit professional
association of information management practitioners.
Its mission is:
- To provide a non-profit, vendor-independent association where data professionals can go for help and assistance
- To provide the best practice resources such as the DMBoK and DM Dictionary of Terms in a mechanism that reaches as many DM professionals as possible
- To create a trusted environment for DM professionals to collaborate and communicate
- To enable Chapters across the world to leverage off DAMAI and to interact with DAMAI to the benefit of all DM Professionals
Its goals are:
- Improve the current education program by collaborating with partners at all levels (educators, trainers, suppliers, etc.)
- Communicate the education program to all, providing the appropriate level of access, costing and training where needed and required
- Support DAMA members by enabling resources (website, education, white papers, books, etc.) which will assist in addressing Information and data management needs
- Form alliances with other organisations involved in data or information
- Create and support a trusted speaker bureau to which Chapters and DM professionals have access and can select the best speaker for their purposes
The DAMA Australia chapter has been in operation since the mid-1980s with active DAMA membership and meetings in Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Perth, Brisbane and Parramatta.